FIrst Robotics is so much more than just robots! Its a vehicle to introduce life skills, build confidence and inspire our future innovators.
DM Robotics — comprised of 25 inexperienced juniors, sophomores, and freshmen — defied all expectations at our regional competitions by becoming Regional Finalists and winning the Rookie All-Star Award and Highest Rookie Seed Award. We were one of only 400 international teams to qualify for the FIRST® World Championship in Houston. At the Houston Championship, DM Robotics was part of a three-team alliance that won the Carver Division semifinal at the George R. Brown Convention Center before continuing for an incredible third-place finish at the Einstein Field Finals in Minute Maid Park.
Now in our second season, DM Robotics has drawn more than 70 students of diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds to the initial meetings. DM Robotics is now comprised of team members for whom robotics is a for-credit academic class and team members for whom it is an extracurricular club. They promoted FIRST on tv and radio, at Barrett Jackson, Kadima Innovation Fair, started and mentored many other FRC teams and won the prestigious Chairman’s Award at the Arizona North Regionals Competition.
Generally speaking, the students who who were a part of DM Robotics last year are now taking the class for credit and are the leaders in charge of guiding and training the typically younger and less-experienced club members. This structure will ensure that students remain the core of the team and that there will be continuity from year to year. We are working to turn each generation of students into leaders.
- DM Robotics "The Wolfpack" need to raise funds for materials, tools, competition costs, travel costs, shipping the robot and pit and meals to feed the team at competitions. Depending on how successful they are the more funds are required to continue participating. This year due to their hard work promoting FIRST and stem they won the Chairman's Award and will be going to Houston to compete. Any financial support is greatly appreciated to help get the team to the World competition. Sponsorship Levels are available and offer different promotions for your business such as logo on the robot, tshirts, banners, website, social media and any marketing we do. Visit our Sponsor link for more information.
- June 20, 2017
- 0 Comment
- May 3, 2017
- 0 Comment
- Teacher SponsorI’ve been working with first robotics for 7 years. I coached a FLL team for 5 years. I like working with students that are going to impact the world and helping lead them to a more successful future
- Mentori have been in first for 16 years. I started teams at all 5 high schools in our district. I love working and mentoring this team because they are all hardworking individuals who strive for excellence.
- Mentori have been in first for 16 years. I started teams at all 5 high schools in our district
- Mentori have been involved for about 7 years in first. I am the drive team coach for this team and i make sure they are working hard.
- I was born in France and have been a programmer for many years. My son is on the team and I enjoy working with him and the other team members.
- i have been working in building for 30 years. I like teaching the kids how to do things the right way like a professional. I am a firefighter, so we are really safe with our firefighter around
My favorite thing about robotics was meeting a whole group of new people that are now y friends whom are interested in the same things I am. Although we would put in 40 hours of hard work a week building a robot, that time spent allowed me to get closer to the people I was working with and taught me to work together with a larger group of different people. It was all worth the time when we were able to drive our robot and placed as one of the highest teams in both of our regional competitions as well as worlds. Robotics has taught me many things that will help me in the future with life skills and business items such as creating a business plan as well as ``cooperation``. I am so happy I joined and can not wait for next year!
Teams can and should help and cooperate with each other even as they compete.
Innovation builds self-confidence, communication, and leadership
Knowledge, competition, and empathy are comfortably blended.
Mentor-based, research and roboticprograms that produce well rounded future innovators.
JOIN US FOR AN EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NOT FORGET.
Come see what these kids are capable of learning and what they are doing with that knowledge.